Welcome To Universal Write Publications
Thank you for showing interest in becoming a UWP Guest Contributor. The UWP Community Forum invites students, community leaders, activists, philosophers, and creative theorists to submit short essays on issues and policies affecting the Black community and the African Diaspora. Articles should offer an incisive, diagnostic take on education, civil rights, gender, race, politics and history, and other topics of interest to national and global communities. Commentary on news reports and national stories is also welcome.
Community Essay Submission Guidelines
Our goal is to share our platform with authors and writers to amplify their work and voices to wider audiences.
- Please keep language accessible to a general audience. Readers will include students, community leaders, activists, and interested readers.
- Essays should be between 800 and 2,500 words and include URL links to source materials for facts and figures mentioned in the essay.
- Articles can include poems, videos, art, music, and other forms of expression.
- In addition to your short essay submission, please include a headshot, social media handles, and a short bio between 250 and 400 words.
- Blog items will be read prior to publication for regular edit (grammar, spelling, and punctuation).
UWP contributors may also be invited to participate in future events and topic discussions with partner organizations. Please submit your essay in Microsoft Word or PDF to Community@uwpbooks.com. You will be contacted shortly regarding your submission.
Join Our Mailing List
Join us for upcoming releases, calls for chapters, conversations, and author events.