Date of Publication: 2017
Dr. Molefi Kete Asante
Revolutionary Pedagogy: Primer for Teachers of Black Children
Revolutionary Pedagogy: Primer for Teachers of Black Children is a passionate appeal to teachers to take what George Dei calls a “transgressive” position toward education’s status quo, a status quo often expressed as a commitment to excellence of all students. This book offers tools for those who want to reverse the brain freeze that often accompanies this seemingly innocuous goal, assisting both the students and the teachers laboring in urban situations.
- Readers will learn how and what to use to:
- Create revolutionary pedagogy
- Provide students the opportunity to study the world, its people, concepts, and history from the point of view of the African child’s heritage
- Identify the three critical challenges to white supremacist teachings
- Correct distorted information
- Recognize dysconscious racism
- Re-center dislocated African American students and expand the knowledge of all other students in the classroom
Revolutionary Pedagogy gives teachers the best tools possible to unlock the potential in (all) children sitting in their classroom.